Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hmmm, things about me

Well it looks like my cousin Mary tagged me and since I don't have a blog of my own, I've stolen my mom's. This is Sue by the way.

1. When I was little, my nickname used to be SueSue. I guess I was called that because I also had an older cousin named Sue (Susie). People didn't want to get confused by 2 Sues. I hate that name. To this day if anyone calls me that they get the evil eye. You know who you are!


2. I've been to Europe twice. The first time was when I was 17 during my senior year of high school. I went to Paris, France for a week and absolutely loved it. Everything was wonderful because it was so old and I loved going to the art museums. Monet is my favorite. The 2nd time I was in college and spent 2 weeks in Ireland. It was a beautiful country and the people were so very friendly.

3. Genealogy is my most favorite hobby. I could spend all day researching family lines. On my mom's side, I've gone back to the 1600's in France. Researching my dad's side has been much harder as the records in the United States are not as good as they are in Canada. I've met quite a few cousins online doing my research and we've shared information back and forth. It's amazing to think of all the thousands of people that we're related to.
This is my grandmother's family circa 1918-1919. My grammy is the baby sitting on her mom's lap.

4. I love anything old and antique. Sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong era. My mom and I like going to antique shops and checking out all the old stuff. Old pictures are so much fun to look at. I once found an old singer sewing machine in the wooden cabinet. My mom said grammy had one just like it. Even though I don't sew, if I had had the money, I would've bought it.

This is great-aunt Mathilda. Isn't she pretty?
5. Some of my best memories were from the times our extended family went to visit the Elys in Linconville. They were such wonderful people and they also welcomed us into their home. I loved the picnics with watermelon, the walks in the woods and even the trips to McDonald's for happy meals.


6. I love to read. I was in 3rd grade when I starting reading chapter books. I started out by reading the Little House on the Prairie books. My mom said that once I got started, there was no stopping me. I have so many different kinds of books and I can't imagine my life without them.
7. I have curly hair and most times wish I could have straight hair like everyone else. Whenever I get my hair cut my hairdresser always straightens it out for me. It only lasts a day or two but it's nice for that short while.
8. Being an aunt is more wonderful than I ever imagined. It's so awesome getting to hug and love my little buddy. His smiles and laughs just make my day. It is such a joy being around him.

4 comments:

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

way to go sue! you did a awesome job and i enjoyed the facts and the pictures! i would have tagged you, but i didn't even think about you hijacking your mom's blog....lol. anyway, looks like i will be seeing you guys next monday, huh? i think missy is coming with her kids too :) we should have a good group! see you soon. p.s. i think you should get a blog too :)

Joleene said...

Great job, Sue Sue! Just Kidding! I totally agree with Stacy. You should start a blog. I really enjoyed reading what you wrote. Love you and talk to you soon. Joleene

Proud Grandparents said...

Hi Sue,
Home work is done and you get an A+! Now your next assignment - start your own blog:)!

Linda said...

I love reading what you wrote Sue! Some really neat stuff! :)